heading west to Kentucky
Friday, May 15, 2015
Modesty in a Modern World
Modesty in a modern world; a world that says less is best and more is even better. More clothing in our closets, more value based on cost and brand and the idea that we may appear more desirable with less clothing.
They tell us cover our faces with more makeup while we should wear revealing things because the temperature outside is warm although our country is blessed with central air conditioning in almost EVERY structure in America.
I struggle to keep up with my closet always searching for presentable things that don't cost a lot and keep to our household standards of what we wear. So starting now I am giving myself a thirty day modesty challenge. I will go through my closest and find thirty combinations of clothing that are both modest, thrifted, gifted or traded plus they must all be low cost and cute.
If you want to see what modesty in a modern world can look like check out my instagram here and see some of the crazy, frugal and different outfits I can come up with in thirty ways.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I have always loved your style, my friend. :)
ReplyDeleteHey, speaking of which, I signed up recently and am a part of a modesty guild of sorts. the button is on the bottom right hand side of my links and such on my page if you are interested in seeing it. It isn't a Christian one but they have many Christian women on it.
I don't think people think about the frugalness of modesty, just being modest. I like that you took it a step further in your thoughts.
+Victoria+
justicepirate.com
I'm going to check out the button!!! I've always loved your style too you inspire me !
ReplyDelete