heading west to Kentucky

heading west to Kentucky

Saturday, June 21, 2014

One thing at a time






I'm really good at doing a lot of things all at once. Before I had children of my own I did one thing at a time. My day would go something like this; get up, shower, clean, go to work, work, go home, shower, eat, clean, go out, sleep, read or hang out. One thing, at a time, always. When I was on vacation, I did vacation, just vacation. When I was washing dishes, or vaccuming, that's all I was doing until I became a Mother.

Now my day goes something like this; wake up, nurse baby answer text, while nursing baby, while nursing baby find husband's uniform still nursing baby while directing toddler's to take off wet overnight diapers.Change baby, feed toddlers, take out dogs between feeding toddlers, wash dishes while dressing toddlers, start laundry, make beds, change baby, make phone calls while  again nursing baby. I won't keep going on with this terrifying illustration (there's a cup of coffee in there somewhere too ) I'm sure you're get the point. I'm always doing several things at a time.

My husband is the opposite; he's really good at doing one thing at a time. When he's home or has a day off from work (very rare) he's a pro at just hanging out with our children taking pictures of them and doing that one thing all day.My husband is a one-thing-at-a-time kinda man. When he works, he's just working, when he's eating it's just eating. Not too much talk, a whole lot of chewing.

I like when he's home. True he leaves a lot of messes adding one extra mouth to feed during snack times but I like when he's home and the coziness it brings to our little nest.

We're hoping to move any day now and after a very busy winter we are trying to take as much downtime as possible. Family will be visiting at different intervals for the rest of the summer and I know September will be upon us before we can blink. This will be the first year of true homeschooling for my children, we have some groups we are joining and trips we will be taking and lots of playdates to be attending.

These sorts of things will require me to do lots of things at once.! Until then I want to soak up my babies, catch these rare moments of doing one thing at a time.

Tristan likes to give Baby Dagen rides around the backyard
Gavin " fixing" his quad
From this angle T. Looks so very little
Where would a fun day be without ice cream, sunglasses, water play and photo bombing?








A friend mentioned that these kinds of pictures are going to be the ones our children will look back on as "family photos." I wonder what sort of pictures my parents would've taken if they'd have had social media ? What a shocking and amusing  thought all at once !

Happy weekend !!!!!!












2 comments:

  1. I have the same thoughts about family photos. My littles have GREAT pics. The olders ... Hello Target portrait studio. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All photos are precious! However it is easier now to take pics in the moment, technology has it's perks.

      Delete