heading west to Kentucky

heading west to Kentucky

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Tune In Tuesday's

Whew!

We have been very active around here, everyone is on the move it seems! Baby Dagen has officially begun to crawl, at seven months he has been my earliest mover. Of course around here it's run or get trampled!


Also my sister came to visit!!!!!

We haven't seen Aunt Danielle for a whole year, she met our newest for the first time, and we had so much fun I will write about her visit to our newest place in another post.


We ordered our boy's bunk beds, we also painted the children's room and Tristan repurposed his blue toddler bed for Clarity.




The children's room is a slow process of redecorating, mostly due to time and funds. The room is a huge improvement from how it did look when we first moved in several months ago. I'm still not satisfied with it yet, when it's finished pictures will be posted!

Dagen is out of his beloved bassinet, we attempted the play pen but he thinks it's way better to sleep in his parents bed!


Dagen also enjoys tractor rides and back carries while I ENJOYED my chocolate covered strawberries sent by a friend for our wedding anniversary!!!!




We met up with a friend at an awesome indoor gymnasium for kids! It's free, clean, run by a church and my three tots thought the game room was the best part. Here are Clarity and Gavin driving an arcade like game and Tristan with his friend Luke playing air hockey.




I like how Clarity is crashing into the wall while the boy's faces are so intense while competing!

I've been doing a lot of baking in this crisp, cozy weather. These cinnamon bars are phenomenal! They're easy and my family loves them with a hot cup of coffee.

I am addicted to English accents, this video of a girl with a hair pulling disorder intrigues me and has me second guessing my own compulsive hair tugging. Check it out here.

My husband is preparing for deer hunting season. Staking out in a really high tree is essential if one wishes to bring bambi's mommy home for dinner.



Finally the last picture is T. with his first tooth! He hit it for the final time and it had begun to change color, we visited the dentist who recommended we just tug it out after a little numbing.Tristan was so BRAVE. He took the tooth with the next day to show his friends at Bible study and then took it back to church on Sunday. He says he is also bringing the tooth to co-op.

Oh dear.

Until next time......

4 comments:

  1. Micah has Trichotilomania (the hair pulling disease) which is why we constantly shave his head all the time after trying to give hiim a chance to see if he can overcome it with long hair. We always hope he'll outgrow it because it isn't as bad until they reach about 8-10. We pray for him all the time to not continue in it. He has bald spots from how bad it gets. Maybe you recall that about him.

    That is great that Danielle got to visit you guys! I hope she is doing really well.

    Looks like you have all been having a lot of fun and a lot of projects to keep you busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. that is really really early for Tristan to lose a front top tooth already! Amazing!!! Leto was 6, I was 5, and Micah still hasn't lost his (and he'll be 6 in a couple months). Congratulations to him!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pull my hair, and its a twitch, the longer it is the more I yank it out.
      I do remember Micah pulling his hair, you remember Tristan used to yank his hair too? That's why we shave his head. We tried the Mohawk but then he started tugging that so off it came.
      I hope Micah will find something else to keep his fingers busy:-(
      Tristan wasn’t really meant to lose his tooth so early....he knocked it loose and discolouration can mean infection, the dentist tugged it out in one shot it was that loose! We had to hold him down..it was sad.

      Delete
  3. Sounds painful!!! Glad there wasn't an infection and that it is out. Micah's hair has been growing and he has already started to rub his hair (not tug at it yet) so I am nervous. . . I found a clump of hair under the beds the last time before we shaved his head and that was the last straw. It was pretty bad how much he was pulling it this past time. I hope Tristan stops too!

    ReplyDelete