heading west to Kentucky

heading west to Kentucky

Monday, October 27, 2014

Visit's Pumpkins And Sisters


My sister came!!!!!

We haven't seen her since leaving the East Coast exactly one year ago.

When Danielle spontaneously, surprisingly, spur of the moment was able to have a few days off from her hectic, time consuming job she jumped on a plane to visit!!!! My boys missed their Aunt very much, Clarity informed Aunt Danielle many times that "I Wuv You" Tristan didn't let her out of his sight and Dagen snuggled right into her arms. Dagen was also sick(again) and T. was just getting over strep throat.

However we were determined to go pumpkin picking in a HUGE, pumpkin patch. Despite the cold it was beautiful, open and muddy. This place also included a hay ride, feeding livestock, and a corn maze.We had a blast! Then Danielle and I also went shopping one night,(alone) plus we went to church as a family where I showed off my sister. In between we watched some favorite chick flicks like "Little Women" and Shirley Temple's "A little Princess". (such dorks we are)
We also went on lots of walking expeditions all over our land, drank tons of coffee, baked lots of home made breads, cookies and ate many good dinners when we were not eating lunch out. I think my sister had a good time and we hope she will visit again.



















2 comments:

  1. How adorable. You still dress as cute as can be too. That is so nice that you guys had a good time. I lovee Shirley Temple's "A Little Princess" so much! I watched it constantly as a child (all the Little Princess movies ever released but mainly that one). Which Little Women did you watch together? The one from the 90's or an earlier version? There are so many versions of it though too. I loved BOTH of those books!!! Did you read them? I have Little Women if you ever want a copy. I don't have my A Little Princess copy though anymore.

    Pumpkin picking is always fun to do as a family. All your children are adorable and I hope and pray the sickies get better fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!!
      We watt the one with Christian Bale. I have two copies of "little women" :-) and I've read "a little princess " and have a copy even though it differs from the movie.
      We love pumpkin picking, and the farm we went to had a huge field where you just pay $3 and pie whatever size or how many you wanted.

      Delete