This past month I've struggled with the reality that two hands is all I've got. When we started our second year of home schooling with Tristan in kindergarten, Gavin in Pre-k four and Clarity in Pre-k three I didn't think we'd also be batting a terrible stomach bug, followed by colds, croup and lingering coughs until this present date !!!
Here's my bright eyed children on first day of home school co-op!
Our day for co-op begins around 5:45 AM. We take my hubby to work, drive back shovel down breakfast, dress , pack up and spend nine am to about three pm in classes. I am also teaching pre-k four this season and I am loving being able teach a group again! After our long day we may stop at the grocery store before picking up hubby from work between five to six in the evening. It's a long day for sure!
When we started with the stomach bug Clarity and I were sick together. Following a two year old around who didn't understand being sick in the toilet was best while nursing seven months old Dagen while being sick myself was humbling. The insanely high fever that followed was hard for me to handle because I still had to nurse. My friend told me that being in the throes of family illness is a great tool for acquiring grace. I also found out it's a great way to get people away from you !!!! I had offers of soup and help until they find out it's the tummy bug......
After that germ moved through we were directly assaulted with colds followed by croup. Would we ever attend church as a family again I wondered?
My husband was so ill he actually took off ONE day of work. Unfortunately mommies do not get sick days. Yet all these illnesses disappeared, I was thankful my trials were temporary and that we are healthy again.
We've been blessed with the last warm Kentucky days spent at water parks, poolside on our porch as we painted toe nails for the last days off flip flops.My husband also put up a swing we had received for the birth of T. years ago! Everyone is fascinated with baby Dag rocking to sleep !















No comments:
Post a Comment